Pattern: Provide help for complex content

From: Steve Lee <stevelee@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:10:12 +0000
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
The original design Guide content [1] is rather confusing but during my
work on this I decide I had 3 distinct uses cases to drive the Pattern(s)

- I can understand complex content as contextually-relevant graphs,
pictures and tables are provided to supplement it

- I can understand complex tables or graphs as extra help is provided to
explain the important features

- I can understand a multi stage process as help is provided for all
stages and the sequence is always clear

Does that seem correct?

In addition:

a) I'd rather split these into 3 separate patterns so there's 1 use case
per pattern

b) They all seem to be more about providing good clear and self
supporting content rather than "help" so perhaps should be moved to
Object 3? Certainly the 1st one is a good candidate for this.

c) The first use case is a bit vague. What is 'complex' content?

Comments please.

Steve

1: https://w3c.github.io/coga/design/#provide-help-for-complex-information