Re: Draft of proposed SC Finding help

Hi Jennie,

For the most part, I like this a lot. One quibble/observation however: it's
not so much that it is find-able "help", but rather find-able "assistance":

> help available (a “contact us” link, phone number, or support page)

A common user-pattern, yet one that does not seem to be addressed here
specifically, is the difference between the type of help envisioned (i.e.
assistance) versus the kind of "help" that tool-tips and/or modal help
instructions provide. For example, I have previously seen a form that asks
for various types of information, and after each form input there is a
small italicized "i" in a circle ("information"), that when hovered over or
clicked provide rudimentary information: Telephone number _______ (i)  [the
"i" text then reads "Provide your 10-digit telephone number with no spaces"]

I am fairly confident this is NOT what you are addressing with this SC, yet
what I described is often referred to as "help", and so making this
explicit distinction more apparent would be an improvement.

JF

--
*​John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good