W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org > February 2019

RE: WCAG 2.2 survey

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:06:09 +0000
To: "lisa.seeman@zoho.com" <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
CC: COGA TF <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <AM5PR0902MB20020FF0977DFFBB9E7E82EDB97D0@AM5PR0902MB2002.eurprd09.prod.outlook.com>
Hi Lisa,

There are several things we’re pulling forward in the process to make the final result better in time for publication.

A test procedure, technique, and any tools/tech needed to meet the SC.

For example, we’re finding the Label in Name SC very time consuming to test. If we had required a test procedure that aspect would have come up earlier, and might have resulted in a re-wording or someone working on a tool for that prior to publication.

If a new tool would take a day of developers time, that is fine, it just needs to happen before the SC is accepted. (“Current” for the publication date.)

In the proposed process I’d suggest that the SC document is drafted, has a round of review to see if it might fly, then someone would need to work on the tooling if that is required.

Hope that helps,


From: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
Sent: 20 February 2019 08:44
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: COGA TF <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Re: WCAG 2.2 survey

my problem is with accepting the WCAG_2.2_Success_criterion_acceptance_requirements<https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_2.2_Success_criterion_acceptance_requirements>
 that is part of this proposal

it seems to me unreasonable and resistant to dealing with change- things  like :
1.   Be feasibly testable through automated or manual processes, i.e. take a few minutes per page with current tools.
IE if a new tool is needed  it is rejected!

- even if making a new tool or change to a tool would take a day of a good programmers time!

This is the
All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn<http://il.linkedin.com/in/lisaseeman/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/SeemanLisa>

---- On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:45:53 +0200 Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com<mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com>> wrote ----

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to point out the WCAG 2.2 survey this week:

We’re looking for a decision on whether to do a WCAG 2.2 before CSUN so that we can proceed with the charter and get things going, or not. The survey is this week, if that is positive there will be a CFC just before CSUN.

If it goes ahead, we’d be looking for some people from the COGA TF to work on the potential SCs with other members of the AGWG in a small group or groups. That would be in the March-April-May timeframe.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If there are aspects to the decision you’d like everyone to consider, then the survey is a good place to put them.




www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com/> / @alastc

Received on Wednesday, 20 February 2019 10:06:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:24:02 UTC