Security issues, Android phones, mention of those with cognitive disabilities

From: Delisi, Jennie (MNIT) <jennie.delisi@state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 14:46:18 +0000
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi,
A colleague sent me this article about malware impacting Android phones (https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/12/vulnerability-in-fully-patched-android-phones-under-active-attack-by-bank-thieves/)<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/12/vulnerability-in-fully-patched-android-phones-under-active-attack-by-bank-thieves/> because it specifically calls attention to the difficulties some with cognitive disabilities may have when recognizing the “subtle behaviors of apps” when this malware is present.
This in some ways is similar to the vulnerabilities discussion we had at the face to face in January when discussing issues with two factor authentication.
Jennie
Jennie Delisi, MA, CPWA
Accessibility Analyst | Office of Accessibility
Minnesota IT Services | Partners in Performance
658 Cedar Street
St. Paul, MN 55155
O: 651-201-1135
Information Technology for Minnesota Government | mn.gov/mnit<http://mn.gov/mnit>