RE: Moving personlization forward - wording suggestion

Hi

As written, it doesn’t actually make sense as a sentence – with two “is”s.

Is this following re-write what is intended?

Programmatically determinable contextual information is available for regions, common form elements, common navigation elements and common interactive controls.

This does not include “context sensitive help” from the current wording – is this deliberate or an omission?

I still think that there may be the following problems:

  *   Don’t some people have a problem with the words “contextual information”. What qualifies as contextual information and are there existing standards or published schema that define the appropriate semantics?
  *   Then there is the word “common”. This will clearly need to be precisely defined. Without a definition it could mean:
     *   commonly used across websites – a tester would have no way of knowing the frequency of use different types of interactive controls for example.
     *   Commonly used within a website – which would need to be backed by testing of all pages or author provided statistics of which are the most commonly used types.
     *   Or something else …

All of this needs to be clarified before this is likely to be acceptable.

Best regards

Mike