From: Deborah Dahl [mailto:dahl@conversational-technologies.com]
Sent: 02 March 2016 20:03
To: 'public-cognitive-a11y-tf' <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Text2Picto

Have people heard of this? It automatically converts text to pictographs. It doesn’t seem bad for simple, concrete nouns. Verbs and sentences sometimes seem to come out a little odd (for example “walking” is a picture of three footprints). Maybe some users who can’t read or can’t read well could benefit from something like this?
Here’s a demo (works for English, Spanish and Dutch)
http://picto.ccl.kuleuven.be/index.php