RE: minutes from today's call

So sorry I was having so much trouble listening on Webex tonight - it just did not want to keep the audio link going.  However, I was there most of the time and picked this up from the minutes…

"A demonstration of an online course related to people with intellectual disabilities - could incorporate the personalization stuff into the course activity."

Here is a link to an article that discusses the challenges of producing MOOCs for the over 80s - All the issues we have discussed http://www.moocworkshop.org/s170/

The current state of accessibility of MOOCs: What are the next steps?   This is a recent paper that discusses some planned research where they
" aim to derive recommendations for accessible MOOCs, and develop guidance on how MOOCs can be accessed through the assistive technologies that learners/users may already have. This work can then provide the foundation for supporting those with disabilities to follow a route to open learning that meets their particular needs."
http://oro.open.ac.uk/46070/1/OE_Global_2016_Full_Paper_The%20current%20state%20OEG2016.pdf

The main author was at ICCHP and has several conference papers related to the subject. http://www.open.ac.uk/people/fi364#tab2

Best wishes
E.A.