RE: HTML5 default implicit semantics

This is a common problem. ARIA is often misunderstood, and (perhaps more importantly) so are the semantics that underpin it. Things are further compounded by the fact that ARIA is invisible. It makes playing/experimenting with it difficult for most developers, and consequently removes a common way for them to learn how a technology works.

When ARIA first came into existence we thought it was temporary. We've come a long way since then and ARIA is clearly here to stay. Perhaps this means we're at a good point to reevaluate the overall strategy and roadmap for ARIA?

Léonie.

--
Senior accessibility engineer @LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup