From: EA Draffan [ead@ecs.soton.ac.uk]
Sent: 13 July 2015 17:32
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: free icons for menus etc

Here is one project that offers some free icons for menus etc https://thenounproject.com/

They have now got a pricing regime and rather more stringent terms of use than I remember sadly https://thenounproject.com/legal/#!terms-of-use  but they say in the FAQ "All of our icons are free to use, as long as you properly credit the creator. You only pay if you don't want to follow the requirements crediting the creator for icons licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)."

"The Noun Project provides icons under the following two licenses:

Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) - this license enables you to download, use, copy, share, modify, and build upon the symbol as long as you follow proper attribution requirements. You can use the icon for free as long as you attribute, or pay a fee to not have to attribute ($1.99, shared with icon's designer).

Public Domain (PD) - this marks icons that are in the public domain. There are no restrictions placed on them."

Best wishes
E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
WAIS, ECS , University of Southampton