Re: Action Item #23: Decisions Needed

It seems to me that for some users the tooltip text would be better when
provided with the context of how it will be used.  For instance, for the
'compose (create text)' example below instead of saying 'text', is it
better to say exactly what you are creating? Some examples: 'create email',
'create text document', 'create message', 'create file'. Or is this
simplified language for more severe cognitive issues where using different
descriptors would be confusing?

Is there the concept of having different levels of tool tips, say one level
for making more consistent the action word but keep a more granular
descriptor word , and another level for simply using the same words for
every potential entity that can be created in text?

Best regards,

                                                                         HA&AC Logo

   Mary Jo Mueller
   IBM Accessibility Standards Program Manager, IBM Accessibility

   Phone: 1-512-286-9698 | Tie-Line: 363-9698
   E-mail: maryjom@us.ibm.com
   HA&AC Able Website: w3.ibm.com/able
   Follow the Human Ability and Accessibility Center on:       and
   within IBM on:

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and
become more, you are a leader.”  ~ John Quincy Adams