From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 9:18 AM
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf
Subject: ACTION ITEM: Review of security and privacy issues paper

The research was excellent. I would add the following, the first of which

was discussed in the IndieUI effort and will be encountered as we move to

a more personalized web where the user's personal needs and preferences

may be passed to a site so that it may provide essential access.

Under "Web security and privacy technologies often block people with

cognitive and/or physical disabilities who may not be able to:"

a bullet needs to be added that states:

When authentication occurs a user may be asked whether they trust the site

to be able to pass personal, accessibility-related, preferences to the

site. This was discussed in IndieUI work. A user may be afraid to trust a

new site and it could cause them to cancel a transaction.  The act of

asking the question may create concern for any impaired user and for the

mature market this may cause even greater concern.

Under "Many people with cognitive disabilities:" add a bullet:

Users may not be familiar with how to operate the captcha form as its look

and feel vary from site to site.

A solution for the last one would be a consistent personalized appearance

across web sites. Different forms of authentication, such as a a NFC

device with a security key is a way to provide simplified consistent

access and avoid varying captcha UIs.

Rich Schwerdtfeger