Re: fyi, evoHaX results and my talk

From: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:51:26 +0300
To: Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>
Cc: "'public-cognitive-a11y-tf'" <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Thanks Deborah, very interesting

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects
LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:53:47 +0300 Deborah Dahl&lt;dahl@conversational-technologies.com&gt; wrote ----

The accessibility hackathon (evoHaX) where I spoke a few days ago went very well. There were five teams from local universities participating and you can read the report on what they came up with at
http://technical.ly/philly/2015/04/21/5-local-colleges-hacked-web-accessibility-evohax/. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend the final presentation of the projects, but if I find out more information about what they came up with I’ll post that.
Also, here’s my presentation, if you’re interested. It’s a pretty generic, awareness-raising presentation, aimed at a general technical audience. Thanks to John Rochford for the pointer to ClearHelper. The picture on slide 7 is what is in my opinion a really terrible website from the point of view of cognitive accessibility, with popups, a lot of extremely distracting advertising, and a tiny font for the very small amount of actual content.
Feel free to reuse any of the slides for your own talks if you think they would be useful -- let me know if you’d like the PowerPoint version.
Debbie