From: Clare Trott [mailto:C.Trott@lboro.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2014 4:20 PM
To: Milliken, Neil
Subject: dyscalculia conference

Hello Neil

You may have seen this already.
We are holding a Conference on 15th April 2015 called "More Mist, Haze and Shutters". it will mainly focus on dyscalculia but will also include other neurodiversities and maths difficulties. You or your colleagues may be interested in attending.

Please do pass the information on to anyone who may be interested

Best wishes
Clare

More Mist, Haze and Shutters
Wednesday 15th April
Stewart Mason Building, Loughborough University

Following “Mist, Haze and Shutters: Dyscalculia in FE/HE”  held at Loughborough University in April 2013, a similar  one day conference will be held on Wednesday 15th April 2015. The focus will again be the FE/HE strand and the conference will explore mathematical learning difficulties associated with dyscalculia and other neurodiversities such as dyspraxia and dyslexia.

Speakers:
Professor Steve Chinn (Visiting Professor, University of Derby)
Teaching maths as it is to the learner as he is: a view from the perspective of the outliers
Dr Margaret MacDougall (Medical Statistician and Researcher in Education, University of Edinburgh)
Barriers to inclusivity for dyslexic learners and practitioners in Medicine

There will also be a range of workshops and some case studies

Cost
Early Bird until 13th December 2014
Day Delegate £150
All rooms have disabled access and disabled car parking is available

Further details and booking https://store.lboro.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=2&catid=118

"I get mist that comes down, I call it a mist. It might as well be a brick wall…" Ellen
 “I can just see every detail but numbers, I wouldn't be able to. It's like a haze...” Bradley
 “...I just don’t know where to start. I’ve got an inkling of the things you should do, but then I look at it and I just can’t do it...you get a shutter thing come down in the mind. It’s just “can’t do that”. Fiona
Atos, Atos Consulting, Worldline and Canopy The Open Cloud Company are trading names used by the Atos group. The following trading entities are registered in England and Wales: Atos IT Services UK Limited (registered number 01245534), Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380), Atos Worldline UK Limited (registered number 08514184) and Canopy The Open Cloud Company Limited (registration number 08011902). The registered office for each is at 4 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No. for each is: GB232327983.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure. Atos therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content. Although Atos endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with Atos by email.