Easy Read UK

From: Rochford, John <john.rochford@umassmed.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 15:53:07 +0000
To: "lisa.seeman@zoho.com" <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
CC: "public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org" <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi Lisa and All,

Easy Read Online (ERO) is the UK organization I had referenced during one of our teleconferences. Its website says it creates easy-to-read documents for people with learning disabilities (intellectual disabilities).

See http://www.easy-read-online.co.uk/

I could not immediately find any references to information that the techniques ERO employs are evidence-based or empirically-tested.

While looking for ERO, I stumbled upon "EasyRead", by Oxford Learning Solutions, another UK organization. Its product is designed for people with learning disabilities (Dyslexia, etc.). Its home page references:

*     a "... research-based approach ...";

*     empirical testing with "... thousands of children ..."; and

*     a link to results from "Randomized Control Trials"
See http://www.easyreadsystem.com/

John

John Rochford
UMass Medical School/E.K. Shriver Center
Director, INDEX Program
Instructor, Family Medicine & Community Health
http://www.DisabilityInfo.org<http://www.disabilityinfo.org/>
Twitter: @ClearHelper