-----Original Message-----
From: Liddy Nevile [mailto:liddy@sunriseresearch.org]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 3:58 AM
To: lisa.seeman
Cc: public-cognitive-a11y-tf; Steve Lee; ead@ecs.soton.ac.uk; Anthony Doran;
Joseph K O'Connor; """Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo"""
<emmanuelle@sidar.org>", Elle Waters; Cynthia Jimes; jfeng@towson.edu; Avi
Golden; Chuck Hitchcock; "Lewis"@frink.w3.org; Clayton (Contractor)
<Clayton.Lewis@ed.gov>; easeofuse@ca.rr.com; frederick.boland@nist.gov;
Jonathan Lazar; Laura Carlson
Subject: Re: If you can...

Lisa

I read these carefully worked on wiki pages and keep wondering if we really
need to go into medical details. I found no needs for people with Down
Syndrome that were not likely to occur for other people. A number of the
problems are physical and covered in the general run of things about
accessibility, and I think the cognitive needs should be taken out and
listed as potential needs of people - regardless of which medical condition
has led to them.

This is not to say it's not useful to work, as we are, from medical
conditions to the list of needs because I think that is a good way to get
them all. But I repeat, that once that has been done, I'd like to see all
references to medical classifications removed - and I would like to see use
cases that do not 'target' particular medical conditions.

I will not join the teleconf at 2.00 am tonight - it is about to be very
cold and I am lazy :-(

I am aware that others have far more to contend with and my heart goes out
to you and them.

Liddy