Re: The mind's inner voice ...

Indeed.  Some form of federated learning will be needed for cognitive agents that serve many users, where we want to learn across interactions with many users whilst preserving their privacy. In principle, this could speed the breadth and depth of learning, but will also require introspective reasoning to counter bias and misunderstandings, just like for children where a teacher or parent provides corrections, e.g. helping the child to see different perspectives, and to encourage the inner voice as a critic.