Re: Simulated natural language dialogue

Thank you Dave
Neat stuff!

good example of how a simple human interaction needs a lot of thinking and
planning to be reproduced-
I ll be interested in the implementation, is there going to be a demo?

My approach is a bit different, in the sense that I would never attempt to
reproduce a human level conversation
(which you do well in your example) and I would expect that a
conversational agent would be implemented in a highly digitized environment
where there is not need to tell the customer that the table x is not
available and that the dish y is not available
because in a digital environment this information would be updated in the
system

I ll be more narrow to get (probably) the same result (the table and the
food ordered) with less thinking
for example, I d go more about

waiter - welcome, what can I do for you?  //maybe provide a list of
options, like order now, reserve for later or  after order service follow
up on a an earlier order such as enquire about lost and found items or a
credit card charge etc)
customer - order dinner/meal, please
waiter- here or takeaway?
customer - here
waiter - please choose your table from those available (from a table plan
/map)
/I would assume the customer figures out that there is no available table
near the window if it is not on the available seats plan which is updated
every time a customer arrives/leaves//
waiter-  here is the menu
//I would assume if an item is not available /off it would not be on the
menu!! which is digitally updated every minute//
etc etc

I would also want a button that says çall me the human please always
flashing

So the bottom line of my comment here is that we develop automated agents
thinking of a nonautomated deployment environment
I think thats a bit of a general flaw

PDM