Re: New task force member, Zhengyu Qian

Happy to get in touch with all the members of CLReq. Thanks for Fuqiao’s
introducing and also, for Eric’s kind referral.

This is Zheng Qian and now based in Shanghai. For some reasons, I just
left my last 7-year-long job. It gives me a great chance to have a break
and try to focus on what I’m really passionate about.

In the past decade, I have kept interested in typography and had been
engaged in some eBook reader’s design jobs (MZRead 拇指阅读 &
JDRead 京东阅读, you guys might have heard of). As side projects, I do
writing & editing for The Type (Type is Beautiful), as well as editorial &
infographics design and front-end development for 政见 CNPolitcs.org in
the meanwhile. Besides, the <del>Really Famous Podcast</del>
TypeChat 字谈字畅 co-hosted with the Eric here.

It’s amazing to get the opportunity for contributing to CLReq. I have
been watching the CLReq’s GitHub repo and tracking the
issues/discussions. In the past jobs, I spent quite a lot on typesetting
and proofreading of Chinese and Chinese-Western mixed text, for both
paper-printed and web-published. As a start, I could try to help
typesetting- or punctuation-related stuff for CLReq. If there is anything
else I can quickly get involved in, please feel free to call me in.

Best regards,
Zhengyu