Re: Web Dev Data

On Fri, 17 May 2013 15:46:30 +0200, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> My immediate thought when looking at both of those URLs is that as an
> ordinary person I don't know where to start with either of those. What i
> want (which is why i did it mysyelf) was access to a manageable set of
> data
> that I can use to study html feature usage. what i would like is to have
> easily query up to date data on usage of feature x without having to be a
> rocket scientist to do it.

Also, sometimes it is necessary to basically run custom code over the data
set to find out what you're looking for. For instance:

[[
Philip Taylor uses the Validator.nu HTML Parser to compile a list of
dmoz-listed pages where closing paragraph vs. not closing would lead to
different parse trees.
]]
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/last-html-quirk/

--