Re: Changing the Social Contract of the Web

On Wednesday, 13 March 2013 at 13:36, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Users can't tell the difference between something like this at the OS
> level or at the browser level. It's "on the computer".

Is there any data somewhere about how many browser windows and tabs people have open at any one time (and if they understand the concept of tabs)? We (people on this list) all know that we don't use browsers the way most folks out there do.

I'll try to find some papers, etc. But if anyone knows of any hard data, that would be good. Maybe start here?:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_ylo=2009&q=web+browser+user+studies&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au