From: Gannon Dick [mailto:gannon_dick@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:56
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; Owen Ambur
Cc: 'Alejandro Revuelta'; George Bina; 'Robin LaFontaine'; Betsy Fanning; public-change@w3.org; Joe Carmel; 'Paul Maassen'; 'miska knapek'; 'Owen Ambur'; 'Crispin Butteriss'; 'keefe murren'; 'Joseph Foti'
Subject: RE: Advancing the GCT Proposal

re: XML Change Tracking / Acronyms / Open World Assumption / Semantics

My Take ...

background
When Gutenberg invented the Printing Press the commercial innovation which was crucial to acceptance was not the Press, it was the similarity of the font to Illuminated Manuscripts, the only book format available at the time[1].  This presented a commercial challenge to Scribes but not competition to Civil Authority Functions.

Data Processing for the convenience of Computer Science and IT has outlived its usefulness with respect to data analytics collection.  The no-style style of XML requires that "changes" both track and echo originating domain (community) conventions.  Governments have government expert friendly conventions which override complete freedom of response in the policy feedback loop (The Open World Assumption).  So, analytics suffers, and policy suffers from lack of coherent feedback.

[ ... ]