RE: Technologies - XForms

XForms is also supported in ODF although I am not clear what the state of implementation and interoperability among ODF applications might be.

Healthcare applications sound like good cases for some form of Protected Change Tracking (PCT) where the original form and the progression of recorded entries/changes are protected by digital signatures and tampering will void the signatures.

There is always the problem of putting friction in the way of the healthcare practitioners and the need to protect private keys being worked around.  I supposed biometrics might help, but that’s a lot of technology and ways for things to go wrong.

From: alain.couthures@agencexml.com [mailto:alain.couthures@agencexml.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 00:02
To: Innovimax SARL
Cc: public-change@w3.org
Subject: Re: Technologies

Mohamed,

XForms allows to edit XML data in multiple use cases where change tracking is necessary.

As Owen Ambur said, StratML is a very good example and XForms is an appropriate design language for it: http://xmldatasets.net/XF2/aboutstratxform.html

Librarians do complex editing with XForms help and rich text editors: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_p6BVZhfwHAeVAwYUhMQk5WMkU/edit

XForms is also used in complex healthcare forms. This is a very competitive sector so it is impossible to have feedbacks/links from authors but it is not difficult to consider that effective change tracking is, for example, required for biometric parameters and medication monitoring.

Thanks!

--Alain