From: innovimax@gmail.com [mailto:innovimax@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Innovimax W3C
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 03:11
To: Dennis Hamilton
Cc: public-change@w3.org
Subject: Re: Change Tracking Prolog Description

Dennis,

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org <mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org> > wrote:
I am assuming that when change-tracking is dealt with in the document model and schema where XML documents are applied, having announcement of that fact in a prolog is not so meaningful, since schema and model awareness is required.

I don't think so. You can declare only the element required for change tracking understanding

  I wasn’t thinking about differences of serialization, but of cases where change-tracking is not by injection, however serialized, but is wired into the application document structure.  (I.e., the case with OOXML and ODF.)

Suppose that OOXML or ODF allows multiple ways to represent change tracking. Then you get the use case.

That comes back to a scope question.  If you mean this for what appear to be injection cases and that is the scope of this work, I understand.  Is that the scope?

can you expand on "injection" ? if this is a common terminology, I would be happy to add it to the wiki Terminology :  https://www.w3.org/community/change/wiki/Terminology
Regards,
Mohamed

(This leads to a question that I will raise separately.)

-   Dennis