XPath to identify a point in an XML document (Was: A sort of synthesis)

Dennis,

Can you elaborate on the exact use case ?

My understanding is that it is possible with XPath depending on your
definition of a *point* (how many points are there in an open tag ?)

PTC uses oid + offset to do that for ages now, and it seems to work.

It seems like XPointer [1] or some variant of it was supposed to do that

Anyway, I think it's probably too hasty to rule XPath out without very good
counter examples

Mohamed

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org

--