Re: Some notes based on the wiki

On 05/04/2013 19:26 , Karl Dubost wrote:
> Linking dots. The wiki. http://www.w3.org/wiki/ChairTraining

Yeah, sorry, forgot to include that.

> And according to Philippe [1], it seems more like a 1h information
> session.

I'm concerned that one hour would be very short. Two hours seems more
like the lower bound I would think.

>> I think that there should be a split. On one hand, all the
>> information you might need written up in a convenient-to-find
>> place.
>
> * Chairs role [2]
 > * W3C Guidebook [3]

Yes, I'm aware of the existence of these resources, but I don't think
that they are currently maximally helpful. It's a fair bit of work to go
through all of them, and much of the time you won't need even half the
content. The Guide also has a somewhat chronological organisation (from
talking about maybe starting a group to handling errata after it's
closed) that doesn't reflect the reality of how most chairs get started.
That's why I think that the refactoring in progress on this to make it
more topic-based is helpful.