Re: xml:id

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:01:18 +0100, Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
wrote:
> There is certainly Web engine which don't recognize xml:id now,
> but if the web content is targetting reuse and long lifetime
> I would avoid relying just on the SVG hardcoded behaviour.

I fail to see how this matters for SVG, (X)HTML, MathML, or XBL content
for that matter as these markup languages all include an id="" attribute
that behaves in the same way. User agents processing those languages need
to be aware of way more than the IDness of the id="" attribute.

Now for Web browsers it would have made things better if the id=""
attribute were made a global attribute in XML as opposed to xml:id
(considering the primary authoring language uses that and all), but it
seems unlikely that this error will be fixed with xml:id in place.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>