Re: WICD Core 10.0: Intended Layout

Hi Jose Manuel,

browser-adaptation and proxy-transformation are related, for sure. And
authors need to be able to switch off both adaptation techniques. I'm
just not convinced that there must be a single off-switch for the two
things.

If <meta name="viewport" .../> can be used to switch off browser-
adaptation and something else (maybe a HTTP header, maybe a handheld
style sheet) can be used to reliably prevent proxy-transformations,
wouldn't that be okay as well?

Browser vendors may lay out the argument for why media="handheld" does
not switch off browser adaptation. What I can say, is that meta/
viewport does seem to work just fine. And that w3 specs may need to
adjust - and not give wrong advice.

Timur