Re: Full Potential: Who's counting?

Ian,

thanks, it's encouraging to know that an external review of W3C is
already under consideration.

You'll understand my concern is that the vast majority of naive web
surfers are not represented in the W3C process. Some of these
concerns are elucidated in a recent talk to CETIS "Putting the User
at the Heart of the W3C Process"

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet

A transcript with links, together with an .mp3 recording.
http://wiki.cetis.ac.uk/Putting_the_User_at_the_Heart_of_the_W3C_Process

On 10 Oct 2007, at 13:29, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 13:17 +0100, "~:'' ありがとうございま
した。"
wrote:
> Full Potential: Who's counting?
>

> Ian,

> Who is tasked with measuring and reporting on how or indeed whether
> W3C is fulfilling it's stated objective?
> Is this an external and independent body?
> Where are their reports published?

Jonathan,

I am not aware of any ongoing evaluation of W3C as a whole by any
organization. It might indeed be useful to have an external review
of W3C, to compare its operations to those of like bodies, and
to suggest improvements.

  _ Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447