Re: Resolving Relative URIs and Link Targets in a Compound Document

On Thursday, March 29, 2007, 6:53:40 PM, L. wrote:

LDB> On Thursday 2007-03-29 11:38 -0500, Jeff Schiller wrote:
>> I appreciate your quick response on this.  Can we expect all of these
>> issues to be clarified in the CDF documents?
>>
>> - relative URI rules should be followed in CDI across SVG-HTML border
>> - relative URI rules should NOT be followed in CDR case
>> - resolving for link targets across doc boundaries - still under
>> investigation?

LDB> These seem like they should all be defined already in other
LDB> specifications, so I don't see what CDF has to do with it.

SVG defines relative URIs in the usual XML way, relative to xml:base.

SVG says nothing about html:base or foo:bar (where foo:bar is the base
URI in a vocabulary I just invented).

CDF thus needs to say how html:base and xml:base interact 9and
especially, what to do if they conflict).

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG