Re: Closing up last call comments on CDF.

At 4:17 AM +0100 15 03 2007, Chris Lilley wrote:
>Hello Al,
>
>I'm just checking on behalf of CDF WG that our responses
>to your WAI PF comments LC3-137 to LC2-140 on the second Last call of CDF
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2006Nov/0015.html

With one small exception, everything is hunky-dory.

The one edit would be:

<from>

<quote
cite="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-cdf/2007Mar/0051.html">

<assertion>
       provide a means to map author settings of "frozen" or "static" to
       "dynamic". This ensures that users  can inteact with SVG interactive
       elements. See <specref ref="hyperlinking"/> and
       <specref ref="focus-handling"/>.</p>
</assertion>

</quote>

</from>

<to>

<assertion>
       provide a means to override author settings of this parameter.
This ensures that users can
       a) mask unwanted distractions or b) interact with SVG
interactive elements that would
       be masked by a 'frozen' rendering.
       See <specref ref="hyperlinking"/> and
       <specref ref="focus-handling"/>.</p>
</assertion>

</to>

<rationale>

There are disability use cases for opening up interaction, and also
for closing it down.
Also, when opening it up, the user may wish to go to 'static' and
have a static presentation
with interactive elements in it and not always go all the way to
'dynamic' with its implication
of a potentially constantly-changing presentation.  I don't see that
the general ability
for the user agent to support the user's choice of this parameter in
place of the author's
choice as being particularly harder to handle in the user agent than
the more restricted
case that we asked for before.

</rationale>

I have floated this edit in PFWG and not shaken the tree more than
once.  But this means
that nobody spoke up for or against it.

If CDF can accept this reasoning as a friendly amendment, just take
the edit and run.

If you see some advantage to limiting the user change to the
particular property
transitions initially stated, please explain.

Looking forward to a speedy complete resolution,

Al
/chair PFWG