Re: [WICD] focusable child elements / Action-383

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 13:02:12 +0200, Timur Mehrvarz <timur.mehrvarz@web.de>
wrote:
> Your concern is not fully clear to me. Could you explain, how focus
> management would/should be different, for instance in [1], if SVG
> objects were used as child elements, instead of bitmap images?

I gave an example where that would be different. I also asked a question
(on the first line) which is not answered by this reply.

> WICD Core assumes identical treatment, for as long as (scalable) child
> elements are not explicitly made focusable.

Could you please elaborate on "explicitly made focusable"?

Aren't such things up to the UI of the particular device? For example,
some browsers allow you to "focus" images so you send them to someone else
or save them. Such things are important from an accessibility perspective.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>