Re: [CDR Framework] i18n comment: Language identification for child documents

On Feb 10, 2006, at 8:09 AM, François Yergeau wrote:

> Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
>> Well, if there is no explicit language information you have to guess.
>
> xml:lang is explicit language information.  The issue is that the
> CDR spec should say that its scope extends to referred-to objects
> in a compound document, just like it deals with events, so that the
> CDR works  just like a CDI.

CDR should not work just like CDI. It doesn't currently, and trying
to make CDR behave that way, whether for events or language info, is
going to break existing content and is bad design. I strongly oppose
trying to make CDR act like CDI instead of the way it acts today.

Regards,
Maciej