Re: WICD Core 1.0 : some examples are not XHTML compliant

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 05:29:23 -0700, Slim Amamou
<slim.amamou@alpha-studios.com> wrote:
> hi,
> some of the examples in the working draft contain empty "object"
> elements (like here :
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WICD-20060811/#scalable-icons) . this is
> not XHTML compliant. "object" elements are not empty elements and must
> have a closing tag.

According to http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.3
content is not really required (although I think it should be, just like
alt="" is) and therefore the syntax being used there is correct although
it's not compliant with Appendix C of XHTML 1.0. Then again, it was not
designed to be compatible with that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>