RE: HTML Canvas 2D Context progress is stalled; time to drop features? (resending)

Adrian,

I appreciate Microsoft's position about not commenting on future product
releases. That said, the accessibility space involves an intricate set of
dependencies involving assistive technologies, API mappings, special
accessibility test tools, and a commitment from engineers to an area where
many authors see accessibility enablement as a burden. We wrestle with this
inside and outside our companies every day.

When companies don't operate in a more open way it creates barriers to
access. When I commit my time to work with another browser vendor in this
space it is expected that both parties have the intent of implementing the
work. Otherwise, involvement in the creation of a specification is
misleading and brings into question the commitment of other contributor's
time on the effort.

The canvas spec. was pulled back from forward advancement a while ago
because Microsoft objected to the content of the accessibility features.
Changes were made with your team to address those concerns and the result
is no implementation by the party that objected. If Microsoft felt so
strongly about it that it would want to pull back the efforts to make
changes there is an expectation that your company would implement those
changes that you worked so hard to put in place.

Two implementations are required to push a spec. over the goal line. I am
asking for your help.

Best,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger