Re: Shadow Dom stuff

Hi Mark

Sorry again for the confusion. I mixed up the terms... Your resources are hugely helpful.
Ifi have the time I will try and get something working as well. See if it helps.

All the best

Lisa Seeman

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects
LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:53:41 +0300 Mark Sadecki<mark@sadecki.com> wrote ----

Hi Lisa,

I agree we need more documentation, tutorials and examples.  I think we were just waiting for implementations to catch up with the spec.  I did some early prototyping myself a few months ago, as an exercise to get more familiar with the features but also to test support.  My slides are available here:

http://www.w3.org/Talks/2014/0510-canvas-a11y/index.html#1

I built a simple canvas game that can be played by keyboard users, screen reader users and magnification users, taking advantage of the new accessibility support in canvas.  The game is here:

https://github.com/cptvitamin/a11y-whack

In order to play/test you have to have the nightly build of chrome or firefox on windows and have the proper flags configured for experimental support of drawFocusIfNeeded and HitRegions.  The slide deck includes embedded video of support for keyboard, speech and mag users.

Mark