Re: Canvas 1.0

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>wrote:
>
>> On a separate note, I'm still uncomfortable with the fact that
>> addHitRegion was written, discussed, and developed on the whatwg list, but
>> this group has essentially forked it.
>>

> How was it forked?
> The only change to hit regions was to allow any element for fallback
> content. This went through the proper channels at the HTML WG and everyone
> (including you) argued for it.

On that particular note I'm trying my best to bring the whatwg and w3c
proposals closer together at least.

The idea of a "minimal subset" of addHitRegion, for example - if we're
going to actually pick just a subset of the original proposal to spec in
canvas 1.0 and implement, I think Ian and others on whatwg should be part
of that discussion.

- Dominic