W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-canvas-api@w3.org > April to June 2014

Re: Minutes: Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference, 19 MAY 2014

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 07:11:08 -0500
To: Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>
Cc: public-canvas-api@w3.org, HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OF5BDA7741.A1637D64-ON86257CDE.0042A4C1-86257CDE.0042F09B@us.ibm.com>

Hi Mark,

I apologize for not making the meeting last night. I had a fire to put out
at IBM.

In your note you mentioned filing a bug on Safari for what I think you
meant was for Chrome. Chrome is based on blink which has forked the webkit
code base.

Have bugs been filed on Webkit for drawFocusIfPossible and hit regions?
Safari picks up Webkit. Has Rik spoken to Apple about implementing these
canvas features?

Rich


Rich Schwerdtfeger



From:	Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>
To:	HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>,
            public-canvas-api@w3.org
Date:	05/19/2014 05:38 PM
Subject:	Minutes: Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference, 19 MAY
            2014



Hello,

The minutes for the Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference 19 MAY
2014
are available in HTML and plain text below.  Supporting information for
this Sub
Group can be found on the wiki: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas

HTML: http://www.w3.org/2014/05/19-html-a11y-minutes.html

TEXT:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

             Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference

19 May 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/05/19-html-a11y-irc

Attendees

   Present
          MarkS, Jay Munro, Rik Cabanier

   Regrets
   Chair
          Mark Sadecki

   Scribe
          MarkS

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Implementations
         2. [5]Testing
         3. [6]Canvas 2D Level 2 Heartbeat
         4. [7]Next Meeting
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 19 May 2014

   <scribe> Meeting: Canvas Accessibility Sub-Group Sub-Group

   <scribe> scribe: MarkS

Implementations

   RC: Submitted Pasches, there were memory leaks, I got feedback
   and resubmitted for feedback. Either tomorrow or wednesday it
   should be in FF.
   ... if its in Nightly, it should be in release around
   september.

   MS: any progress getting drawFocus into release?

   RC: Approved by Safari and FF. FF will have it coming in
   September.
   ... not enough support in blink just yet.
   ... dominic was going to try to give them more info on it.
   ... samsung and dominic are going to start working on hit
   regions in chrome.

   MS: would it help if we filed a bug for Safari?

   RC: I don't think that would help. someone just needs to decide
   to do it.
   ... it would have to be in the next month or so to make it in
   this year.
   ... drawFocus should be in the next safari (8), but Hit Region
   will probably not make it.

   JM: Microsoft is looking into it, so that is as far as I know.
   ... confirmed from JMann that there is still no definitive news

Testing

   [9]http://www.w3.org/Talks/2014/0510-canvas-a11y/index.html#1

      [9] http://www.w3.org/Talks/2014/0510-canvas-a11y/index.html#1

   [10]http://www.w3.org/Talks/2014/0510-canvas-a11y/index.html#34

     [10] http://www.w3.org/Talks/2014/0510-canvas-a11y/index.html#34

   MS: learned a lot about canvas recently preparing slides for
   talk and should be able to start writing tests.

   RC: I can send you a link to the discussion RE Blink

Canvas 2D Level 2 Heartbeat

   MS: When is the heartbeat scheduled for L2?

   JM: Paul has been talking about doing it at the same time we
   take L1 to CR
   ... there are a couple of things that I think need to be
   updated.
   ... drawSystemFocusRing needs to get removed again (reappeared)
   and then remove the sprite animation example
   ... its currently broken, so should probably pull out.

   RC: I think we will have to branch again, remove stuff etc.
   ... Level 2 would become Level 3

   JM: Level 2 will have a lot of updates that Level 3 won't

   RC: winding rules were implemented, path was implemented.
   ... Ian has added a bunch of new stuff for adding texts that is
   not clear right now, so it should be a level 3 thing
   ... not sure we need anything new for a11y right now

   <scribe> ACTION: MarkS to log bug on focus ring in FF [recorded
   in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2014/05/19-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
   1]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-252 - Log bug on focus ring in ff [on
   Mark Sadecki - due 2014-05-26].

Next Meeting

   JM: Rik, it would be helpful if we started a list of what
   should stay in Level 2 and what should move to Level 3

   MS: Sounds like a bigger problem since canvas is an extension
   spec here and part of html5 at what wg

   JM: there are technical problems with cherry picking
   (overwriting our changes) but also no discussion on the
   changes.
   ... I like the idea of branching and then pick and choose what
   gets brought in.

   RC: take whats there now, branch it and clean it up.

   MS: is this something we want to do by the Heartbeat?

   JM: might be a good idea

   MS: OK, I can start a wiki then and we can work on what stays
   and goes there

   <scribe> ACTION: MarkS to talk to HTML about the branching L2,
   creating L3 and starting new canvas telecon [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2014/05/19-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
   2]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-253 - Talk to html about the
   branching l2, creating l3 and starting new canvas telecon [on
   Mark Sadecki - due 2014-05-26].

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: MarkS to log bug on focus ring in FF [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2014/05/19-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
   1]
   [NEW] ACTION: MarkS to talk to HTML about the branching L2,
   creating L3 and starting new canvas telecon [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2014/05/19-html-a11y-minutes.html#action0
   2]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-05-19 22:36:32 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/








graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

Received on Tuesday, 20 May 2014 12:12:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:31:57 UTC