Re: News from TPac

Hi Jay,

You wrote:

> I think [publishing an extension spec with just the focus ring stuff]
> an interesting idea. Ideally, we remove the features from CR, and push
> that through. Then take the extension (mini) spec through CR once
> everyone gets together on it. It doesn't have to wait for L2.

I don't understand why L2 is necessarily a big spec that will take a
long time. Why not envision an L2 which is exactly the same as the
"extension (mini) spec" you have in mind? Features that are unrelated
can wait until L3. The labels we give these specs don't mean anything,
don't require us to spend more or less time on them, and don't imply
anything about taking a few months v. a few years to work on them.

Ted