Re: Proposal an attribute for Canvas element

What's stopping this from being an implementation specific optimization? For instance, you could "default" to a gpu frame on the first call to drawImage and only flip settings if fill/stroke is used.

As I understand it, Chrome has aggressively pursued gpu optimization.