Re: [whatwg] CanvasRenderingContext2D with addPath, currentPath

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> Does this mean that ctx.currentPath != ctx.currentPath?
>>

> Yes
>

>>  That's bad!
>>

> Why would it be bad (apart from being different)?

It means that currentPath isn't behaving anything like a data member.

I'm not super familiar with why this became such an important design
principle, but I know that it is one. For example, this is exactly the
reason why the WebIDL spec prohibits attributes from returning dictionaries.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w