Re: Adding winding rules to Canvas

On 1/15/2013 3:13 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> It’s great to see a proposal here. I strongly feel we should allow
> developers to select either non-zero winding rule or even-odd rule,
> just like other graphics technologies. I prefer this proposal instead
> of introducing new functions for developers to learn, e.g., eoFill(),
> eoIsPointInPath(), and eoClip().

By and large, we've switched to even-odd and there are some strange
patents covering the conversion process.

That said, I do not want to see eo prefixes.

I just don't see this as an issue. In my discussions with developers and
experience, the non-zero rule has won-out as the final output format,
for SVG and otherwise.

Paths are already compiled on the design-side.

-Charles