Re: different scope of view in UI design on Canvas

Frank is correct about "easier" click handling:

That one is quite easy to do.

I don't think we can say what most authors will do, in the future tense.
At this point, the concept of "desktop quality" web applications is
still rather new.

We can look at mobile applications, and the hundreds of thousands of
applications on sale for iPhone.

Though I do not have the numbers in front of me, I have read that a
significant number of app vendors migrate
from the UI components provided by Apple, to their own UI components,
once they've released a few applications.

Accessibility hooks are often lost in that transition, simply out of
not-knowing they exist.

Most canvas authors currently do their own click handling, I've rarely
seen <button> used in practice.
We use it temporarily, when introducing new components to our UI.
Basically, we use it as a prototyping feature.

-Charles