Re: Firefox and text on canvas

FF 3.0 had experimental methods:
mozTextStyle
mozPathText

TextStyle is pretty much ".font" nowadays. PathText was not used,
strokeText and fillText were used instead.

You can get a similar effect by simply running PathText then running
stroke or fill.

There is a -big- difference in the consequences; the font size used when
strokeText and fillText
are used is quite visible, whereas the font size with Mozilla's
experimental API was not that important,
as it simply used a series of vector commands. strokeText and fillText
-may- pre-composite a bitmap.