Re: Firefox and text on canvas

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:41:34 -0700
To: paniz alipour <alipourpaniz@gmail.com>
CC: Canvas <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
FF 3.0 had experimental methods:
mozTextStyle
mozPathText

TextStyle is pretty much ".font" nowadays. PathText was not used,
strokeText and fillText were used instead.

You can get a similar effect by simply running PathText then running
stroke or fill.

There is a -big- difference in the consequences; the font size used when
strokeText and fillText
are used is quite visible, whereas the font size with Mozilla's
experimental API was not that important,
as it simply used a series of vector commands. strokeText and fillText
-may- pre-composite a bitmap.