Re: You Got Your SVG in my Canvas! Mmm, Delicious!

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:14:02 -0700
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, public-canvas-api-request@w3.org, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I agree. and title and description are insufficient for dynamically changing drawings. This is an SVG deficiency but NOT a canvas deficiency.

I don't understand.  Why are they insufficient?  They seem to
adequately solve one of the presented use-cases (which I've begun
recording at <http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Active_Image_Accessibility_Use-cases>).
 Can you elaborate either why they don't solve that use-case well, or
why that use-case is unimportant to solve?

> Although important, the bounds of an object are only a piece of all the things to support interoperability. You need roles, relationships, state change notifications, and so on. We have those in canvas now. We do not in SVG.

What problems are you trying to solve with those things?  The
use-cases I've been able to extract so far don't appear to need any of
those.  Do you have more use-cases?

~TJ