Re: Accessibility, perfect or better Re: hit testing and retained graphics

What do you mean by "run the web"?

My comment was a reflection on the abundance of canvas implementations and how relative to SVG, canvas was quickly implemented. You asked me why I thought it likely that vendors would pick up -one- additional method in the specs. I answered; relative to more expensive standards such as SVG, which have taken a lot more time to implement.

We are still discussing a simple and straightforward continuation of the focus ring / shadow dom effort. The shadow Dom is already in the specs-- this is a minimal addition and neatly fits in with other semantics from the Accessibility tree, the canvas subdom and DOM Core.

It seems the arguments against it have consistently been of the dismissive variety.

I understand you're an idealist, but you're blocking the way forward.