Re: hit testing and retained graphics

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see why you would have to duplicate the whole accessibility
> stack  to provide focus tracking for a screen magnifier, can you
> explain this a bit further?

The remote system access server would need to translate the remote
applications (as accessed by the accessibility tree plus custom hooks)
into DOM. To support custom views/controls for which we do not have
semantics in the web stack or to provide any application-specific
customizations, local AT would have to make special interpretations of
the DOM (either directly or as exposed to the accessibility API). Thus,
the accessibility stack (converting remote applications into accessible
interfaces) would need to be duplicated.

If you disagree, can you explain precisely what you think the remote
system access server on the one hand, and local AT on the other, would
need to do?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis