Re: You Got Your SVG in my Canvas! Mmm, Delicious! (was: hit testing and retained graphics)

Guys,

I just wanted to be crystal clear again what our needs are - they're well
defined over here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2011Apr/0050.html

I would like to solve one problem at hand. I don't want a path. I don't
want to use Canvas. I want to take a DOM element, put "pointer-events:
opacity" on it and have it work. I want to be able to design a GUI with
huge rounded borders and be able to click through the transparent edges at
the borders. This is not just relevant to game devs. I only answered to
this discussion because I thought my proposal might be relevant, when I
read "hit testing" in the message title.

I am *not* trying to solve the accessibility problem for our games at this
time. It's definitely very desired, but not something we can tackle
through tech alone, and it must be well planned.