Re: hit testing and retained graphics

I strongly object with this stance, and consider it pre-mature.

That stated: Does anybody here object to the stringification methods
I've put forward?
They in no way "step on" the propriety of SVG -- they in fact enhance
interoperability,
and much like drawFocusRing, they enable the use of the shadow DOM in
managing
user events.

I've not seen a direct argument against (nor for) that part of the proposal.
Is there a direct objection?

I will continue to work with this "retained mode" confusion; but I'd
like to see
continued progress, and I believe the stringify supplemental does not
tread on
any territory: it embraces SVG semantics.

Cameron: I did see a minor aside from you about the arcTo command --
I'd like to remind you that SVG normalized strings took this into account
and it was decided that arcTo precision was not necessary; the curves
handled
by SVG normalization were deemed sufficient. If they are/were not
sufficient,
then arc would have to be included in the normalization spec.... it has
not been,
I've not seen any technical reason why this decision should be changed.

-Charles