Re: html5 editor responds to Canvas accessibility related bugs

  On 10/3/2010 4:55 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2010, Charles Pritchard wrote:
>>> I meant something with radio buttons being used purely for their
>>> graphical effect, as in:
>>>
>>>      http://junkyard.damowmow.com/441
>> So, you were being sarcastic?
> No more so than the people suggesting that writing a text editor in
> <canvas>  is a good idea.
Many people have used <div contentEditable> with editors like f*ck and
have expressed interest in alternatives.
I've had people approach me asking about text editing in <canvas>, they
were not being sarcastic.

Mozilla is not playing a joke on the world with their Bespin related
product.

And I'm certainly not wasting money to be a funny-man, when I invest in
text editing with canvas.

As a technical underpinning, Canvas exposes the same system 2d API that
many browsers use for their rendering.
I write the same code they do, I use DOM APIs, valid HTML elements, CSS
semantics; why the disrespect dude?

-Charles