RE: html5 editor responds to Canvas accessibility related bugs

I disagree with your response. I think the difference is that we don't
agree that all authors will agree with your vision of how the web should be
used. Tim created a web that was largely static and along came Netscape and
JavaScript. Authors created content that the original author did not
intend. This innovation created a renaissance in the browser and if people
had not done this work you would not be integrating many of their new
designs (details, output, etc.) into HTML 5. Facebook was not created with
HTML 5, yet the innovation was ground breaking nevertheless and amazingly
they are starting to integrate ARIA support so that they can make it
accessible.

You could argue that ARIA was a theoretical innovation when we started but
it is now used world wide. Do we prefer that authors use standard controls
instead of cobbling them up with divs and spans and then making them
accessible - certainly life would be much easier for accessibility people.
There will always be another technology that comes along - canvas, SVG,
etc. that will keep us busy

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group